Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Announcement: I'm West Coast-Bound! - Dana Goldstein

Announcement: I'm West Coast-Bound! - Dana Goldstein

Announcement: I'm West Coast-Bound!

Dear Readers,

Great news! I'll be in California the third and fourth weeks of May. First, I'm attending the New Schools Summitoutside of San Francisco. Then I'll be reporting for my book on the politics of teaching in America. I'm looking to interview teachers and former teachers who participated in the early years of Teach for America and KIPP; a chapter of my book will be devoted to these organizations' rise to national prominence and their growing voice in education policy-making.

I'm also looking to interview teachers who have been active in local debates around teacher quality, value-added evaluation, student assessment, and other hot-button issues.

Please send reporting tips my way: dana /at/ danagoldstein.net.