Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Have you thanked your teachers on National Teachers’ Day? « State of Emergency

Have you thanked your teachers on National Teachers’ Day? « State of Emergency

Have you thanked your teachers on National Teachers’ Day?

As I work today to help our wonderful California teachers and CTA members get ready for next week’s State of Emergency Week activities, I find myself inspired by the ways that so many of my former teachers where I grew up in Oklahoma touched my life. It moves me even more to encourage CTA members and my CTA staff colleagues to redouble our efforts to improve funding for public education here in California.

I’m so thankful for these former teachers: Thank you Mrs. Henry for helping me begin to love learning in the 4th grade. Thank you Mr. Allen for encouraging me to join band in the 5th grade, helping me enjoy a lifetime love of music. Thank you Mr. Holman for helping me begin to “Habla Espanol” in junior high. Thank you Mrs. Cagle for

Escondido Elementary Education Association Website Highlights State of Emergency

Check out the Escondido Elementary Education Association’s website.

They have done an awesome job of highlighting the State of Emergency, with lots of information and links to opportunities and resources.

EEEA members will be conducting a “teach in” at Escondido’s North County Fair Mall on Tuesday, May 10, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. to help educate the public about teachers’ jobs and the current state of public education in California.

Way to go Escondido!