Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 20, 2011

Gay & Dusty’s Blog: Across the Nation, to Save Our Schools :: Save Our Schools March and National Call to Action

Gay & Dusty’s Blog: Across the Nation, to Save Our Schools :: Save Our Schools March and National Call to Action
Layout Image

Gay & Dusty’s Blog: Across the Nation, to Save Our Schools

Meet Gay & Dusty Blech who are traveling across the country by bicycle, to the Save Our Schools March & Rally. They have graciously let us follow their journey, in photos, journal entries and on our map. Here’s what Dusty told Save Our Schools:

I have been interested in traveling across the country by bicycle for a number of years. I was a bicycle commuter to my teaching job for many years, encouraging my students to park their cars and do the same. I envisioned my retirement as one long bike ride. That hasn’t really happened yet, but I had a wonderful email from a former student who has been biking around the world. I will now seek her advice when venturing out of the country.

One of the wonderful things about teaching is the fact that eventually your students become your teachers. Such