Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 20, 2011

Kayla Stoner is no Ben Velderman. I hope. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Kayla Stoner is no Ben Velderman. I hope. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Kayla Stoner is no Ben Velderman. I hope.

Kayla Stoner is a junior journalism student at Northwestern. She’s doing a story on Senate Bill 7, the phony education reform bill that passed the Illinois General Assembly a few days ago and is now sitting on the governor’s desk waiting for his signature.

The email from Kayla asked if she could do a video interview with me. She had found my blog and wanted to talk to me about my views.

I’m not sure of how many people go to the Northwestern News web site, but I’m pretty sure that Kayla was giving the issue more coverage than the corporate media, and would be far more objective than the teacher bashing Chicago Tribune.

Of course I googled Kayla before I agreed to be interviewed. I wanted to make sure she wasn’t one of those