Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 27, 2011

ASCD 2011 Day One Reflections | Reflections on Teaching #ASCD11

ASCD 2011 Day One Reflections | Reflections on Teaching

ASCD 2011 Day One Reflections

March 27th, 2011 · No Comments · Uncategorized

IMG_20110326_113221Impressions from day one of ASCD? Today was more about orienting myself. Getting to know the folks running and volunteering for ASCD, getting to meet up with friends some of whom I have met in corporeal form before, and some I’ve only known online. It’s also about figuring out the space in a new convention hall. while ASCD is not as big ass ISTE, it is a big conference with over 10,000 in attendance, and the Moscone Center is a large place.
ASCD has teachers, but there are a lot of administrators here. I haven’t spent so much time with so many administrators at a conference before. It’s a new and difference experience for me. I’m also taking on more of a leadership role myself, representing for my CUE affiliate, CapCUE as we start a new joint