Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why do I support my union? I have another question « JD2718

Why do I support my union? I have another question « JD2718

Why do I support my union? I have another question

My post Tuesday, after hours of wordpress being down (read-only) and a stress-y day, my post was a bit intemperate. So I wanted to redo it, and found that I had little additional to say.

  1. I support my union because supporting your union is the right thing to do. I’ve never thought twice about it.
  2. How many ways have I written there’s only two sides, or there are no neutrals. Which side am I on. No question mark, since it is not a question. This was true a decade ago when it may have seemed stranger, and today, when it seems obvious. Hello, Wisconsin. Indiana. Michigan. Florida. Bloomberg. Gates. Duncan.
  3. I support my union, I support unions for the history, for the battles they fought to win such basic rights. And I support my union as a guarantee that my generation not swap those rights, and the legacy, blood,