Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Del Valle for Mayor | For All Chicago For Every Neighborhood: Not If, Chicago -- When. I Belong in the Runoff.

Del Valle for Mayor | For All Chicago For Every Neighborhood: Not If, Chicago -- When. I Belong in the Runoff.

Not If, Chicago -- When. I Belong in the Runoff.

FEBRUARY 22, 2011

From Huffington Post, 2.22.11
by Miguel del Valle

During this campaign, I have brought up the issues most important to the people of Chicago.

The costly parking meter contract. Excessive use ofred light cameras. An oppressive property tax system for small business owners. Pay-to-influence like we have never seen it before.

My opponents, because of their clout and connections, cannot raise these issues. They certainly cannot solve them.

We as a city haven't had any opportunities in recent history to elect a mayor on the basis of principle and