Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Class Struggle - Let's hear more from commenter who exposed Rhee error

Class Struggle - Let's hear more from commenter who exposed Rhee error

Let's hear more from commenter who exposed Rhee error

By Jay Mathews


Here is the comment I posted this morning on the Education Writers Association listserve, where topic A is the G.F. Brandenburg blog that proves Michelle Rhee said her students' gains when she taught elementary school were more than they turned out to be. I am posting it here because I want the person who says he pointed out the crucial document to Brandenburg to take some credit, and tell us how he did it. The scoop artist is edlharris, a frequent and often wise commenter in this blog. How did he find the document? Where has it been all these years since it was published in 1995? What could reporters have done to discover it sooner?

Me on the EWA listserve:

I agree that we, including me, did a bad job at this. Actually it was edlharris, the signon for a frequent commenter on my blog, who says he