Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 29, 2010

A wiggly line. « Fred Klonsky's blog

A wiggly line. « Fred Klonsky's blog

A wiggly line.

Some readers of this blog who closely follow it will notice that I took down a post I put up this weekend about a tweeter and blogger named coopmike48 and an aggregated blog called The Mike and Fred Show and Tell Daily.
Coopmike48 is a terrific source of news and information about education. He re-tweets and runs several blogs that touch on a range of education issues. He’s progressive, opposed to much of what passes for education reforms today and is prolific. Prolific enough that I thought much of the postings and re-tweets were done by a bot, software that automatically searches and reposts items on the internet.
By the way, coopmike48 says no. He selects all the stuff himself. Amazing.
A few weeks ago I saw a Twitter post from Mike and Fred’s Show and Tell Daily. I was scrolling down Twitter and didn’t even pay it any mind. It never occurred to me that the “Fred” was me!
I later discovered that coopmike48 had compiled tweets and blog posts into a format that looked like a blog and