Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Weekend Roundup: Big-Girl Pants, Parent Trigger, & the Charterfest Comes to Town (Oh my!) | Seattle Education 2010

Weekend Roundup: Big-Girl Pants, Parent Trigger, & the Charterfest Comes to Town (Oh my!) | Seattle Education 2010

Weekend Roundup: Big-Girl Pants, Parent Trigger, & the Charterfest Comes to Town (Oh my!)

Boy, I have some catching up to do. Some interesting discussions are going on in Seattle right now regarding education. It’s hard to keep up.

In brief: I’m voting NO on the school levy, despite running the risk of being called a “hater” and a “doubter” by the League of Education Voters’ apparently sometimes small-girl-pants-wearing Chris Korsmo.

Here’s why. Also listen to Dorothy Neville make a convincing, sensible argument for demanding more accountability from our renegade school superintendentt and school board by voting against the levy, on KUOW. The pro-levy side was represented by Schools First’s Sharon Rodgers.

By the way, what is the definition of “grassroots”? I noticed Schools First was introduced this way on KUOW,