Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Opinion: I Can’t Believe Community Roots Charter School Got an F - The Local – Fort-Greene Blog - NYTimes.com

Opinion: I Can’t Believe Community Roots Charter School Got an F - The Local – Fort-Greene Blog - NYTimes.com

Opinion: I Can’t Believe Community Roots Charter School Got an F

community-roots-ext-480Andy NewmanCommunity Roots Charter School, on 51 Edwards Street, received its first grade, an F, from the Department of Education this year.

When I first received word last week that the school my children attend,Community Roots Charter School, had received an F from the Department of Education on its yearly progress report, I was incredulous. Community Roots is a place where my daughter, now in second grade, and my son, now