Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 27, 2010

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: "I felt more removed from teaching than I had in my 15 years on the job...."

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: "I felt more removed from teaching than I had in my 15 years on the job...."

"I felt more removed from teaching than I had in my 15 years on the job...."

In his recent Arkansas speech, Sec. Duncan crowed that, "more than two thousand L.A. teachers have asked the Times for their scores." Here's one of them. She's Nation Board Certified teacher Kim Jones, who teaches at Ivanhoe Elementary School in Silver Lake. Kim's commentary appears in today's Times:
After reading the recent stories in this newspaper about "value added" evaluations, which look at whether individual teachers raise or lower their