Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today’s Lesson: How to kill a kid’s self-esteem � EducationCEO's Blog

Today’s Lesson: How to kill a kid’s self-esteem � EducationCEO's Blog

Students in Gwinnett County Schools are down to the last 3 days and End-of-Year celebrations are in full-swing. I justreturned from attending the celebration for my 3rd grader. On my way out of the building, I asked the Kindergarten teacher if I missed the note or email about their celebration. She informed me that their designated time was between breakfast and lunch last Friday, with lunch being served at 10:30 a.m. Needless to say, the Kindergarten team decided against over-loading kids on food that day, and I do not blame them one bit. The kids were treated to a ‘Game Day’ instead and based on the reports I received from