Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Read The Letter My UTLA 'Rep' Sent... And My Response - Perdaily.com

Read The Letter My UTLA 'Rep' Sent... And My Response - Perdaily.com

Read The Letter My UTLA 'Rep' Sent... And My Response

For all you fellow teachers out there that still think that UTLA -- the union you pay $57.54 a month to -- is going to defend you from being: riffed, displaced, harassed, defamed, have perjury suborned against, charged with criminal activity, or just plan old-fashion fired, be advised that you are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. In the Land of LAUSD Oz, you will probably first become aware of this at the moment when you are the most vulnerable, after having been treated in a shabby manner by one of the illustrious administrative representatives of your wizard employer LAUSD. That's when your UTLA representative will assume that you are at fault and suggest you accept a settlement, cop a plea, and resign irrespective of any culpability on you part. Doesn't it make you feel secure to know that you are a member of a dynamic and vital union headed up by people who are never going back into a classroom?

If you just joined us, my earlier post should put you up to speed on my current situation.