Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Peeking behind the scenes at a “turnaround” school… | Reflections on Teaching

Peeking behind the scenes at a “turnaround” school… | Reflections on Teaching

Peeking behind the scenes at a “turnaround” school…

April 24th, 2010 · No Comments · politics/policy

I realized that with all that has been going on these last few weeks, I had said explicitly what will be happening to me, and to my school. In the last week or so, some things have definitely taken a turn for the better, or have at least been decided on. So what does it look like?
  • I have had my pink slip “taken back” and received a letter of rescission almost four weeks ago. Most of the pink slips at our site have been taken back, due to the high number of BCLADs (bilingual certifications).
  • I spoke at the school board meeting about the lack of communication with our site about what would be happening, and mentioned there were many great teachers, contrary to what the popular belief may be. The district