Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Source: City's Oldest Catholic Elementary School To Close - NY1.com

Source: City's Oldest Catholic Elementary School To Close - NY1.com:

"A battle is underway to save the city's oldest Catholic elementary school from closing.
An official announcement from the New York Archdiocese has not yet been made, but the Federation of Catholic Teachers says they've been informed of a plan to close Saint Patrick's Old Cathedral School in Little Italy.

Sources say letters will soon go out to parents and students soon.

'They have all kinds of after school programs and the kids are doing a lot better. So it would be really a big shame if they closed,' said one parent.

'I'm surprised. I really haven't heard anything about it. I'd be concerned because my younger son has been here for a while. But we'll see. It's a great school and my kids really enjoy it,' said another parent."