Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Education Notes Online: Bogus Charges Hurt Effort to Remove Teachers Who Should Be Removed: Teacher says, "Take a lap (run)"


Education Notes Online: Bogus Charges Hurt Effort to Remove Teachers Who Should Be Removed: Teacher says, "Take a lap (run)"

....sees words twisted into asking a student to "sit on his lap." DOE turns it into sexual harassment charge and 2nd year rubber room assignment."I have something that I normally say. I say take a lap and sit on your spot.

Students are assigned floor spots. This young lady said, 'Oh, I have to sit on your lap?' and I said, 'No, you heard what I said. You'll take a lap and then sit on your spot,'" Smith said.

See NY1 report.

It is cases like these (and there are so many of them) that undermine and discredit any move to get rid of teachers who should be removed and makes all teachers did in their heels to assure their protection.Some may cast doubt on the teacher's version, but I have no doubt he is telling the truth because of the stories coming in.