Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 12, 2021

Fewer new teachers in the pipeline. – Fred Klonsky

Fewer new teachers in the pipeline. – Fred Klonsky
Fewer new teachers in the pipeline




Over Spring break I had lunch with an old teaching buddy of mine.

It has been nearly a decade since I retired from teaching but we keep in touch.

Not as often because of the pandemic. But, we are both vaccinated now. I wanted to share a Little Village bodega/restaurant with him and catch up.

The tacos de canasta were, as usual, fantastic. And I had one taco with sweetbread. I grant you it is an acquired taste.

I have acquired it a long time ago.

He loved the place, as I knew he would.

He told me about the number of teachers from our school who were planning to retire this year and in the next couple of years.

It is a lot of people.

It’s not just about the pandemic. In fact, while the pandemic has been the cause of CONTINUE READING: Fewer new teachers in the pipeline. – Fred Klonsky