Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, April 8, 2021

A CONTINUATION OF A DISHONEST CONVERSATION – Dad Gone Wild

A CONTINUATION OF A DISHONEST CONVERSATION – Dad Gone Wild
A CONTINUATION OF A DISHONEST CONVERSATION


“What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage. The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious.” 
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

“Dada”, says my 11-year old daughter grabbing a snack between classes, “I was talking with Mommy about TCAP testing. She says it’s always an option not to take the test, but that there could be consequences.”

“True”, I reply. waiting to see where she’s going with this.

“What kind of consequences? Are they going to take me out of advanced classes because they don’t have my test score? That’s kind of rude. Why can’t they just look at my work over the year and look at the progress I’ve made?”

“Good question.”

“I mean, sure at the beginning of the year I didn’t do great, but I’ve worked so hard and I’m doing really well now. But if I woke up on the day of the test and I was tired and had a headache, and I was grumpy, I probably wouldn’t do well. So you are going to base your opinion of me on one day? CONTINUE READING: A CONTINUATION OF A DISHONEST CONVERSATION – Dad Gone Wild