Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Mike Klonsky's Blog: Big changes needed if we are to control the global pandemic and open schools here.

Mike Klonsky's Blog: Big changes needed if we are to control the global pandemic and open schools here.
Big changes needed if we are to control the global pandemic and open schools here



As we head into the new year, I'm thinking like everyone else, good riddance to Trump and 2020. I've had the words to the old Merle Haggard song, If We Make It Through December, buzzing through my brain. But by yesterday afternoon, I've had reset my expectations to... if we make it through the '20s... 

NBC reports that Pence's so-called Operation Warp Speed is moving at such a crawl that adequately vaccinating Americans will take 10 years at the current pace. Unless things change quickly, that will wreak havoc on global pandemic recovery, including school openings here in the U.S. 

Sorry to sound so gloomy at the start of a new year. I'm really not. Unlike some of my lefty friends who think the history of progress ended with Bernie's primary loss, I am bouyed by  CONTINUE READING: Mike Klonsky's Blog: Big changes needed if we are to control the global pandemic and open schools here.