Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Video & A Whole Lot More: Google Releases “The Year In Search”
Google has released their always engaging Year in Search 2020 , including a cool video (embedded below). I’m adding it to BEST YEAR-IN-REVIEW FEATURES FOR 2020.
Wash. Post Publishes My Annual Education News Roundup
geralt / Pixabay The positively worst and best education news of 2020 — as viewed by a teacher is the Washington Post headline featuring my annual list of education news. That column also has links to my previous eight compilations. I’m adding it to ALL END-OF-YEAR “BEST” LISTS FOR 2020 IN ONE PLACE!
This Obama Quote Is Gold: On The Role Of Reading In Developing Writing Skills
There’s a lot of great stuff in the new NY Times interview with former President Obama, Obama, the Best-Selling Author, on Reading, Writing and Radical Empathy. The quote in the text box above will be great to use with students – and teachers during professional development, too! I’m adding it to Best Posts On Writing Instruction .
Wednesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
MIH83 / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Biden vows to reopen most schools after 1st 100 days on job is from The Seattle Times. Why are teachers’ faces covered in stickers? To get kids engaged in remote school — and it’s working. is from The Washington Post. Lesson To Learn From Germany In Providing School Education During The P
A Look Back: Do’s & Don’ts Of Working With An Aide In An ELL Classroom
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . geralt / Pixabay We’re getting a new bilingual aide at our school sometime in the next week or two, and I thought I write up some “dos and don’ts” for my colleagues who are newer at teaching ELLs and at working with aides. I also thoug
Excellent Visualizations About How People Spend Their Time In Countries Throughout The World
jarmoluk / Pixabay I have a pretty neat list titled The Best Visualizations Of How People Spend Their Days . I sometimes have students compare how they spend their days with what the find in that post. Unfortunately, though, most – if not all – of the resources there only share that information about