Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Excellent Visualizations About How People Spend Their Time In Countries Throughout The World
jarmoluk / Pixabay I have a pretty neat list titled The Best Visualizations Of How People Spend Their Days . I sometimes have students compare how they spend their days with what the find in that post. Unfortunately, though, most – if not all – of the resources there only share that information about people in the United States. Now, Our World in Data has developed several infographics analyzing
Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopenings
MIH83 / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : US schools go back and forth on in-person learning is from The Associated Press. Critics Pan School Experiment To Corral Students Exposed To COVID-19 is from NPR.
SEL Weekly Update
I’ve recently begun this weekly post where I’ll be sharing resources I’m adding to The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources or other related “Best” lists. You might also be interested in THE BEST SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART ONE. Finally, check out “Best” Lists Of The Week: Social Emotional Learning Resources . Here are this week’s picks: A growth mindset of intere
A Look Back: There Are Lots Of Reasons To Regularly Be Kind To Our Students, & A New Study Found Another One
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . reneebigelow / Pixabay We teachers obviously need to be kind to our students — just because. In the midst of our hectic days, however, it’s probable we miss plenty of opportunities to do so. A new study (focused on employees but, it se
Best Year-In-Review Features For 2020
Here’s another end-of-year list. You can see the many previous year’s editions, along with many other Social Studies-related “Best” lists, here. I’ll obviously be adding more links as we get later into December. I’m adding this list to ALL END-OF-YEAR “BEST” LISTS FOR 2020 IN ONE PLACE! Here’s what I have so far (and, believe me, this list will get a lot longer!): In 2020, AP photographers captur
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Strategies To Support Student Engagement
Exploring if and why student engagement decreases as students grow older is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show. I’m joined in the discussion by Janice Wyatt-Ross, who has also contributed a written commentary to my Education Week Teacher column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
Monday’s Must Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopenings
kalhh / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : ‘A lost generation’: Surge of research reveals students sliding backward, most vulnerable worst affected is from The Washington Post. Virginia schools plan gradual reopening as evidence of online learning gap piles up is from The Washington Post. Schools in southwest Ohio kept out Covid.
A Look Back – No Surprise: New Study Finds Encouraging Intrinsic Motivation For Reading Better Than Offering Rewards
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . Don’t even ask me to explain all the details of this new study, Reciprocal Effects between Reading Achievement and Intrinsic and Extrinsic Reading Motivation. However, I did understand its section titled “Practical implications for tea
2021 Is Just Around The Corner – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources About The New Year!
DeltaWorks / Pixabay The New Year is approaching fast! And it’s GOT to be better than 2020. You might be interested in The Best Sites For Learning About New Year Celebrations .
Sunday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
torstensimon / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Education Groups Urge CDC to Prioritize Teachers, School Staff for Coronavirus Vaccine is from US News. A 3-screen garage: How a Seattle math teacher makes remote learning work is from The Seattle Times. Bars or schools? How nations rank education in pandemic priorities. is from Th
Pins Of The Week
I’m fairly active on Pinterest and, in fact, have curated 22,000 resources there that I haven’t shared on this blog. I thought readers might find it useful if I began sharing a handful of my most recent “pins” each week (I’m not sure if you can see them through an RSS Reader – you might have to click through to the original post). You might also be interested in MY MOST POPULAR PINS OF 2020 Here
Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week
Each week, I publish a post or two containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here. Of course, this is a crazy time for “classroom” instruction…. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES ON INSTRUCTION IN 2020 – PART