Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, September 30, 2016

CURMUDGUCATION: OK: Teach LIke a Robot

CURMUDGUCATION: OK: Teach LIke a Robot:

OK: Teach LIke a Robot



 This week Tulsa news outlets were covering an exciting non-innovation innovation arriving in local classrooms-- real time coaching.


See, in normal coaching, a principal watches a teacher and then it is hours, or even days, before the teacher gets the feedback. But in real time coaching, the coach directs the teacher through an earpiece, presumably because the technology to simply control her body from a distance does not yet exist.
One more example of real time coaching about to go badly

This piece follows poor second-year teacher Krystal Medina who goes through this process. Perhaps that teacher should talk toAmy Berard, a Massachusetts teacher who has been dragged through this particular corner of ed reform hell, as she wrote atEdushyster

The students were also perplexed by my new earpiece accessory. "Um, Miss, what’s that in your ear?" they asked. I looked over to the three adults in the far back corner of the room for my scripted answer. "Tell them you are like Tom Brady. Tom Brady wears an earpiece to be coached remotely and so do you," was the response. I never would have said that, and mumbled instead: "But I’m not Tom Brady. No, I’m not Tom Brady." The students, who could hear me, but not what I was hearing through my earpiece, were more confused than ever.

The press were there to watch Remote Control Scripting in action because they had been invited there by Tulsa Public Schools and the company TPS hired to provide this program. It's the same 
CURMUDGUCATION: OK: Teach LIke a Robot:

Image result for big education ape robot teacher