Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Turtle Learning: WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? SAVE MONEY? -- GET CANCER (IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE THAT IS)

Turtle Learning: WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? SAVE MONEY? -- GET CANCER (IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE THAT IS):

 WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? SAVE MONEY? -- GET CANCER (IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE THAT IS)




So I am not trying to scare anyone, but I am wanting to keep track of what has been happening to me, and especially this last chemo treatment.  I landed in the ER the week before my last planned chemo treatment on August 4th due to a severe attack of Acid Reflux.  And this time I did nothing extreme to cause it to happen.  The first time in the ER, after my fourth chemo, I thought it was because I ate some very chocolaty coffee infused ice cream.  But after talking with the nurse prior to August 4th I realize that this is just a side effect of the meds I had to take the night before and the morning of the chemo.  Steroids can cause very strange reactions, and acid reflux is one of them.  Others have told me that they didn't have it before chemo, and that it went away after. But because I already had it, the pain was excruciating.  My lovely chemo nurse Sunni said they would give me the steroids by IV this time.  Sure enough, that and eating very little has caused me no pain from acid reflux (GERD is probably the proper term).   At least so far - I am crossing my fingers that this will last as it is only day 9. 


The next time I have to have chemo (unfortunately the death rate for ovarian cancer is 70% and I have uterine as well) this lovely private room won't exist. Kaiser, as I explained in the previous two blogs, has been taken over by an MBA from USC so it Turtle Learning: WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? SAVE MONEY? -- GET CANCER (IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE THAT IS):