Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 18, 2016

I Teach The Toughest Kids, and I Love It | gadflyonthewallblog

I Teach The Toughest Kids, and I Love It | gadflyonthewallblog:

I Teach The Toughest Kids, and I Love It

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 2.29.55 PM
It was rarely a good thing when LaRon smiled in school.
It usually meant he was up to something.
He was late to class and wanted to see if I’d notice. He just copied another student’s homework and wondered if he’d get away with it. He was talking crap and hoped someone would take it to the next level.
As his teacher, I became rather familiar with that smile, and it sent shivers down my spine.
But on the last day of school, I couldn’t help but give him a smile back.
A few minutes before the last bell of the year, I stood before my class of 8th graders and gave them each a shout out.
“I just want to say what an honor it’s been to be your teacher,” I said.
They shifted in their seats, immediately I Teach The Toughest Kids, and I Love It | gadflyonthewallblog: