National PTA Survey
The National PTA is currently conducting a survey of members. It asks a few early questions about how members use PTA and then asks about what members know about "advocacy" work.
They then ask about interest in webinars on
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- National PTA's Advocacy Toolkit
- Common Core standards
- Special Education Toolkit
Then they ask about the "2016 Election" and various activities.
It's curious because they ask if members are interested in hosting a voter registration event "if your PTA was provided a guide/planning tool on how to do it." I find that interesting because I honestly have not heard of many/any Seattle PTAs doing this.
Then they get to "National PTA Legislation Committee Focus." They list:
- mental health care access and early intervention
- lead in school water systems/playgrounds
- climate change
- pre-K teacher credentials
- pre-K teacher pay scale
- pre-K funding
- kindergarten funding
- virtual charter schools
- gun safety and violence prevention