Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Finding Out about What Happened During Lull of Washington State Charter Schools

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Finding Out about What Happened During Lull of Washington State Charter Schools:
Finding Out about What Happened During Lull of Washington State Charter Schools


As I have previously stated, I have had public disclosure requests in for some time to various groups including former charter schools in Washington State, OSPI, and the Charter Commission.  I am still awaiting yet another drop from OSPI.

I had a very difficult time getting ahold of anyone from couple of former charters and gave up.  But, if they ARE public schools, there should be no mystery of who is their public disclosure officer and how to contact that person.

The former charter schools I did finally reach?  All told me "March or April" for my requests.  That is interesting that school that had been open less than four months at the time of my narrow request can't get the documentation to me for at least three months.  One of the them, Green Dot, sent my request to their CFO (?) and he okayed it to at least four other people.

It's this kind of subterfuge that gives charters a bad name. 

Here's what I think happened when the Supreme Court came down with their 
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Finding Out about What Happened During Lull of Washington State Charter Schools: