Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 28, 2014

3-28-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:









March’s Infographics & Interactives Galore – Part Five
There are just so many good infographics and interactives out there that I’ve begun a new semi-regular feature called “Infographics & Interactives Galore.” You can see others at A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographics and by searching “infographics” on this blog. I’ll still be publishing separate posts to individually highlight especially useful infographics and interactives, but you
Two New Well-Done “Choose Your Own Adventure” Games
I’m a big fan of “Choose Your Own Adventure” stories, and have a very lengthy collection of them at The Best Places To Read & Write “Choose Your Own Adventure” Stories. Today, I learned about two new well-done online games in that genre that are being nominated for awards at the Games For Change Festival: The first one is Start the Talk: A Parent Learning Tool. It’s designed as a role-playing
The Best Resources On Professional Development For Teachers — Help Me Find More
Even though we’ve been very lucky at our school to have great professional development, there have been times that I’ve had to attend absolutely terrible District-sponsored sessions. Unfortunately, terrible sessions are a common experience that many teachers share. I thought I’d bring together a few potentially useful resources on the topic (including links to a number of related resources I’ve p
3-27-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Virtual Reality & EducationFacebook’s recent purchase of a virtual reality company has been in the news this week. I have to admit I hadn’t been paying much attention to it until I heard this segment on the PBS News Hour, Facebook invests in a virtual reality future with $2 billion Oculus Rift acquisition. I’ve embedded