Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 28, 2014

3-28-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week

With A Brooklyn Accent:











Why Scripted Learning Sucks!

Scripted learning SUCKS. It totally inhibits teachers from displaying the creativity they need to best reach their students. Let me give an example. I was part of a panel on Race and Activism in the 1960's at the University of Maryland. I spent six hours working on what I thought it was a great speech. I was really proud of it. However, I was the third speaker on the panel and the two young presen


3-27-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week
With A Brooklyn Accent: Where is The Human Touch?To me, one of the most powerful experiences in education is when a student comes back to the school they attended to visit with a teacher who had a large impact on them. This happens to me on a regular basis and it is one of the best parts of my job. But current education policies emanating from Washington are making this impossible. Not only are so