Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 20, 2014

teacherken at Daily Kos 1-20-14: "Teachers teach. Well-trained teachers teach better. Great teachers change lives."

Daily Kos: "Teachers teach. Well-trained teachers teach better. Great teachers change lives.":













"Teachers teach. Well-trained teachers teach better. Great teachers change lives."
That is a quote from page 34 of my friend Dave Greene's new book, Doing the Right Thing: A Teacher Speaks, for which I will provide a review in this space in the next week or so. It is also my new sig line here. It is for others to decide what kind of teacher I am. My intent is to change lives by challenging and empowering my students. Other than my commitment to Leaves on the Current, it is the m




teacherken at Daily Kos This Week 1-18-14
teacherken at Daily Kos:teacherken at Daily Kos This WeekThe semester comes to a close - a teacher's reflectionon his first term back in the classroom. Yesterday was the last day of classes.   We are on an A-day B-day schedule, with 4 90 minute periods a day. Students with a full load have 8 classes  (I had 5 in high school). Next week, each day, there will be 2 two-hour exams, beginning Tuesday,