Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

12-25-13 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:




My Christmas Post
On most mornings, as part of my morning routine, I listen to T.D. Jakes of the Potter’s House in Dallas, Texas. As my Christmas present to my readers, I offer one of my favorite Jakes sermons. It is about love. I think it will surprise most listeners. Merry Christmas.

12-24-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: IMPACT scores in DCPS show errors. Is this not evidence enough for its immediate overhaul?This from the Washington Post.  But an interesting choice of words at the end there: In October, researchers from the University of Virginia and Stanford University who have examined IMPACT reported that its rewards and punishments were shaping the school system workforce, affecting retentio