Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 1, 2013

12-1-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:





The Best “Quotes Of The Day” In 2013 – Part Two
A few months ago, I begin periodically posting “quotes of the day.” In addition, I regularly highlight quotes from guests writing at my Education Week Teacher column. Here are my favorites since I published The Best “Quotes Of The Day” In 2013 – So Far six months ago: The Myth of Teachers Not Changing is a post by Larry Cuban. Here’s an excerpt: Close Reading and Far-Reaching Classroom Discussio


Infographic: “HIV/AIDS: Knowing Is Everything”
I’m adding this infographic to The Best Web Resources For Learning About HIV & AIDS: by antoniodivico. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.

The Best Resources For Learning About Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks was arrested on this day in 1955. Here are a few resources I’ve pulled together about her life: The Politics of Children’s Literature: What’s Wrong with the Rosa Parks Myth is from The Zinn Education Project. There’s an excellent review of a new biography of the late Rosa Parks in The New York Times, including this great quote: Here are some tweets I’ve seen today: “@BeschlossDC: This

In Case You’ve Been Gone, Here Are All Of My “Best Of 2013″ Lists
Many people may have been on vacation during Thanksgiving break, when I began posting my year-end “Best Of 2013″ lists. There are plenty more to come, but here are the ones I’ve posted over the past several days: The Best Tweets Of 2013 The Best Videos For Educators In 2013 – Part Two The Best Articles I’ve Written In 2013 The Best Comic Strips For Students & Teachers In 2013 – Part Two The B


The Best Tweets Of 2013
Here’s my latest “The Best…” list. It includes my best tweets since I posted The Best Tweets Of 2013 – So Far. You might also be interested in: Best Tweets Of 2012 Best “Tweets” Of 2011 Best “Tweets” Of 2010 Best “Tweets” Of 2009 I’ve used Storify to “curate” them: [View the story "Best Tweets Of 2013 " on Storify]


The Best Videos For Educators In 2013 – Part Two
Here’s the latest in annual The Best…” posts…. This post includes my choices for videos since I posted The Best Videos For Educators In 2013 – So Far six months ago. You might also be interested in: The Best Videos For Educators In 2012 — Part Two The Best Videos For Educators In 2012 — Part One The Best Videos For Educators In 2011 Part Two Of The Best Videos For Educators — 2010 The Ten Best Vi


Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 11-30-13 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE DAY mark as readThe Best Social Studies Sites Of 2013 – Part TwoThe annual “Best…” lists continue…. You can see my picks for the first six months of the year at what functions as Part One of this list: The Best Social Studies Sites Of 2013 – So Far. You might also be interested in: All My 2013