Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 8, 2013

11-8-13 Jersey Jazzman

Jersey Jazzman:









Mythbusting Chris Cerf at @NJEA: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Chris Cerf, NJ Education Commissioner, at the New Jersey Educators Association convention, Atlantic City, 11/8/13*: I always look forward to this event and I'm really delighted. And I want to extend my appreciation particularly to the leadership of the NJEA, with whom I feel that we've had a sometimes spirited discussion, but always a positive and a respectful one. NJ Governor Chris Christie, 11/


Mythbusting Chris Cerf at @NJEA: Prelude
Chris Cerf, New Jersey's Commissioner of Education, gave a remarkable speech today at the NJEA convention in Atlantic City. I'll get to the content soon enough, including some busting of the "myths" Cerf tried to sell us today. But before we get to that: let's deal with the elephant in the room, shall we? CHRIS CERF (11/8/13): Look, I think it's important to have a spirited, public deb




11-7-13 Jersey Jazzman
Jersey Jazzman: What Happened Tuesday?I've listened to a fair bit of punditry and read a fair bit of opinion about Tuesday's election results. And it still doesn't make sense to me. I'll leave Virginia out of this because I really didn't follow the race. But here in Metro NYC, we had two big, contiguous races. Both ended in landslides - but for candidates who couldn't be more different: Bill de Bl