Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 29, 2013

11-29-13 Jersey Jazzman: When "Reform" Is Really Union Busting

Jersey Jazzman: When "Reform" Is Really Union Busting:






The REAL Christie Legacy: "We Deserve Better!"
In the largest high school in Trenton - New Jersey's capitol - the beautiful, brilliant children of this state are forced to attend a school that is unsafe and disgusting. This terrific piece of citizen journalism, courtesy of Rebecca Burr, details what is happening in a school that is almost literally under Chris Christie's nose. We Deserve Better, Part One: Begging In Paradise from Princeton Com


When "Reform" Is Really Union Busting
Once again, here's NJ Education Commissioner Chris Cerf on teachers unions:I always look forward to this event and I'm really delighted. And I want to extend my appreciation particularly to the leadership of the NJEA, with whom I feel that we've had a sometimes spirited discussion, but always a positive and a respectful one.As I documented in that post, Cerf's words in no way match the actions of
  
11-28-13 Jersey Jazzman: Dumb Things White People Say About Schools: Frank Bruni
Jersey Jazzman: Dumb Things White People Say About Schools: Frank Bruni: Dumb Things White People Say About Schools: Frank BruniLet me start by apologizing to Tom Friedman. You see, for years I've thought that the Mustache of Understanding was the silliest, most wankeriffic pontificator within in the NY Time's Op-Ed hierarchy of mandarins. But it's clear to me now I was completely wrong. The proof