Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Why Did DR Alison Coviello; PhD. and Principal at PS 154 in the Bronx Ignore Anniversary of 9/11? southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:

Why Did DR Alison Coviello; PhD. and Principal at PS 154 in the Bronx Ignore Anniversary of 9/11?

Twelve years ago today I was sitting in my car on Concourse Village West and putting stuff in order to head into the old PS 156 (now PS 385 or 365) in District 7. I had the car radio on WFAN and Imus was on the air. He had just announced that a plan had flown into the North Tower at the World Trade Center. I recall looking up at the sky and seeing how crystal sky blue it was that day. How could this have happened as I heard Imus speculate that it was a Cessna that crashed and attributed it to pilot
error.

I walked into the school and a few minutes later heard that a second plane had crashed into the South Tower. One plane, I thought to myself, is an accident, two planes, an attack. My son was ten weeks old at the time. I found a place out of the way in the school and sobbed. What kind of world did I just allow my son to come into I thought to myself.

I could see the towers burn from PS 156, which is right off the Concourse, near the