Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11-13 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:





Once Again Randi and Mulgrew May Give Us a Bloomberg Like Candidate
After all, the reason D'amato and Tisch and some of the other plutocrats and their functionaries backed Thompson was to cause maximum damage in the Democratic primary and, if possible, have an anemic candidate like Thompson in the general election. If anybody gives Joe Lhota a shot to win, it's an awful candidate like Bill Thompson. ... Reality Based Educator.You really can't make this stuff up, g

De Blasio at 40.02% With 95% Precincts Reporting
I have an entire post ready to go talking about a Big Bill, Little Bill runoff. Thompson is about 26%, just a point or two off my prediction earlier in the day. I am surprised deB has held up at around 40%. I was expecting some blow-back to drive him down to about 36%.What a difference a few votes will make. My Sal Albanese vote may be the difference. My Rockaway loyalty drove me there, as Sal cam
Leticia James in Strong Showing But Faces a Runoff, Stringer a Winner
My wife just asked me who she voted for for Public Advocate based on my recommendation and when I said Leticia James, she said, "Who's she?" Right now James and Squadron are neck and neck at around 33% but with 4 candidates neither will get 40% and there will be a runoff. James has real potential as someone with a future. If you haven't seen her speech challenging ed deform at a PEP, check it out.

9-10-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Betting on Thompson Surge as I Pulled the Lever for .....Don't count your di Blasio chickens yet.On my short 2 minute walk to the polling booth I was listening to Brian Lehrer and a woman said she changed her mind about di Blasio because of the Wayne Barrett and Slate articles -- they bothered me too.She was going to Thompson. I detect a late Thompson surge and some wearing away o