Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 23, 2013

DR Alison Coviello, PhD and Principal of PS 154 in the Bronx Tramples Rights Underfoot southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:

DR Alison Coviello, PhD and Principal of PS 154 in the Bronx Tramples Rights Underfoot

So as readers of the blog know by now, I have been reassigned. I'm biding my time at the CFN at 4630 Broadway. Alone. With no one to talk to. No one to "infect" with the truth.

I felt, and still feel, that I am being treated disparately. I decided to file a grievance citing Article 22a of the UFT contract;
A “grievance” shall mean a complaint by an employee in the bargaining unit (1) that there has been as to him/her a violation, misinterpretation or inequitable application of any of the provisions of this Agreement or (2) that he/she has been treated unfairly or inequitably by reason of any act or condition which is contrary to established policy or practice governing or affecting employees,
So the grievance was filed and I got an email from DR Alison Coviello, PhD and Principal of PS 154 in the Bronx. The email had an attachment instructing me that my Step I hearing was to be today, September 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM. But there was a glitch.

The meeting was not to be face to face, but rather over the phone. What? Can this be done? The Crack Team perused the UFT contract and could find no mention that this is permissible. In fact