Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 2, 2013

8-2-13 teacherken at Daily Kos

teacherken at Daily Kos:






Krugman on "Sex, Money and Gravitas"
Today our favorite Nobel Laureate in Economics takes apart those who are by whisper and innuendo attempting to prevent Janet Yellen - whom he calls by any objective standard, she’s the best-qualified person in America to take over when Ben Bernanke steps down as chairman - from becoming the next head of the Federal Reserve. This is a vintage Krugman column.  When the Princeton Professor decides to


7-30-13 teacherken at Daily Kos
teacherken at Daily Kos: ... and now the return to the classroom beginsI will not have students until August 26, but today I begin my transition back to being a classroom teacher.  I will spend from 8:30-3:30 in an AP Summer Institute presented by two experienced AP US Govt and Politics teachers in Anne Arundel County.   Strictly speaking, I did not have to attend this, as I am an experienced AP t