Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 15, 2013

8-15-13 SCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE

SCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE:

gears



I’m NOT quitting. Well, with #highered at least, I’m done for now.
Personally, I’ve tried to keep a pretty low profile. You must be thinking, “You’re nuts!” But no, I have. I’ve been very careful in the last couple of years especially to keep my name OFF of things. I do the best I can to go as “Chalk Face,” even though anyone with two fingers can […]


How Much Value Added for Divorce?
How about having some freakin’ Common Core Standards on how to teach kids about surviving their parents’ divorce? Watching this HBO documentary, “Don’t Divorce Me!” got me thinking about how utterly ridiculous and destructive this entire high stakes accountability policy actually is in the real world, where most of us live. How many points, data adjustments or […]


This is why we can’t have nice things. Because Klout.
Good God Almighty, folks are seriously upset, or whatever, I don’t know, because the guy from Fordham posted the top Klout people in education on Twitter. It’s been analyzed and discussed.  Klout. Really? A pointless algorithm? I guess some egos have been demolished it seems. But seriously, that Petrilli guy from Fordham who released it, not […]

The myth of failing schools and the unforgiven sins of wealth and power
There are no failed or failing schools! But there are plenty of buildings that serve as museums to display the failed social policies and economic disparities inflicted by politicians and their wealthy financiers. A kindergarten class overcrowded with 35 children who lack basic healthcare, nutrition, and access to books and safe neighborhoods is NOT an […]

8-14-13 Schools Matter @ The Chalk Face
SCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE: New Media, New Public Intellectuals | the becoming radicalNew Media, New Public Intellectuals | the becoming radical.by plthomasedd / 5min 8-13-13 Schools Matter @ The Chalk FaceSCHOOLS MATTER @ THE CHALK FACE: Paul Toner, MA TURNcoat, Leads Charge for Common Core and PARCCLawyer, corporate stooge, and MTA President, Paul Toner has sold teachers down the river in M