Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ed Notes Online: I Echo Jersey Jazzman in Support for CORE in CTU Election on Friday

Ed Notes Online: I Echo Jersey Jazzman in Support for CORE in CTU Election on Friday:


I Echo Jersey Jazzman in Support for CORE in CTU Election on Friday

Aside from everything else, just look at the ed deformers supporting Karen Lewis' opponents: The soon to be owned by Koch brothers Chicago Tribune and Fox News. And it a group like MORE were to ever seriously challenge Unity you would see the same type of reaction from the local ed deformers to those "anti reform radicals."

In Chicago they vote in the schools on one day - Friday May 17. Poll watching is in important factor. They have a much higher percentage of voters than here in NYC and retirees have no impact on the election. George and Sharron Schmidt are coming town this weekend and I'm getting together with them for breakfast Sunday morning so I hope to get the firsthand scoop.

There is no point in my writing something when someone like Jersey Jazzman does it so well.

Karen Lewis for CTU President

Up until now, I've stayed out of the internal politics of teachers unions. I outlined my many reservations about the Newark contract, but I didn't feel it was right to tell teachers to vote it up or