Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Natalie Meier – Lessons On Raising Your Voice Student Voice

Student Voice:


Natalie Meier – Lessons On Raising Your Voice

When I first got involved with writing for Student Voice, I don’t think I grasped just how much the concept of raising my own voice would resonate in everything else I do.
Talking about how you feel and what you believe in is difficult, especially if you’re worried that someone is going to shoot you down. I’ve received criticism for my own beliefs, and it wasn’t until I started to understand how valuable my ideals were that I began to stick by them and stop conforming to everyone else’s standards.
Your thoughts are valuable. Your thoughts, beliefs, dreams, and ideas are what is going to move society forward. Society is a chameleon with the fastest transformation time in the world; it never stops changing, and it never slows down for anyone.
But one thing that doesn’t change, that will never change, is the power of your own voice.
Today’s youth, our students, must remember that we are the voices of today, tomorrow, and every day after that.