Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Daily Kos: A Baby Boomer on Social Security

Daily Kos: A Baby Boomer on Social Security:


A Baby Boomer on Social Security

I was born in May of 1946, in the first year of the generation that became known as the Baby Boomers, the last of whose members were born in 1964.   Thus the last three American Presidents have been members of our generation, Clinton and the younger Bush, like me, on the leading edge, and Obama, born in 1961, near its tail.
In June I will attend my 50th high school reunion, Mamaroneck High School class of 1963.  I was one of the younger members, with most of my classmates born in 1945.
Many of us are now retired.   Many of us have lived through the major changes of Social Security.   I would like as my part of the Social Security Defenders blogathan, explore what I have lived through, and what I - and many of my compatriots - face now.
 photo DKSSDlogo-1.png
Please join me below the squiggle.