Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 3, 2013

All Education Matters: Book Sold On Behalf of the Indentured Educated Class . . .

All Education Matters: Book Sold On Behalf of the Indentured Educated Class . . .:


Book Sold On Behalf of the Indentured Educated Class . . .

I am so pleased to announce that I just sold my book about the student loan debt crisis to Seven Stories Press. This is a great opportunity to widen the reach of our message, and it is a privilege to be working with such an amazing publishing house. The book's title is Higher Ed, Greater Debt: The Student Loan Crisis, and I am honored that Barbara Ehrenreich will be writing the Foreword (she also played a pivotal role in supporting my work through the Economic Hardship and Reporting Project, which funded my article, "The Ones We Lost."Author Gary Rivlin, along with Barbara, were editors for that piece). I will be finishing the book this year, working with my editor Crystal Yakacki, with plans for it to be published in 2014.

I want to publicly thank my literary agent, Diana Finch, who believes strongly in our cause. While books have one person's name on the cover, they are part of collective consciousness. Diana has played a crucial role in the development of this story, as have a number of others.  I could not write this book without them.

Thanks to those of you who continue to support All Education Matters!

Seven Stories Press