Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

“All Over the Map: 10 Ways to Teach About Geography” | Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…

“All Over the Map: 10 Ways to Teach About Geography” | Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…:




“All Over the Map: 10 Ways to Teach About Geography”

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 36 minutes ago
The New York Times Learning Network has published an excellent post called All Over the Map: 10 Ways to Teach About Geography. I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Learning & Teaching Geography.

The Best Year-End Collections Of Images — 2012

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 52 minutes ago
I’m beginning my annual “The Best…” list highlighting “year in review” images. There aren’t a whole lot right now on the date of this post, but they’ll soon be coming out of the woodwork. I figured it would be helpful … Continue reading →

“9Slides” Shows Your Slides & You At The Same Time

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 1 hour ago
9Slides lets you upload a presentation and lets you record and sync a video of you providing narration. You’re allowed five presentations before you have to start paying for more. It seems similar to Present.me. I’m adding it to The … Continue reading →

Here’s What I Do During My Favorite Time Of The School Week

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 4 hours ago
Usually, during my lunchtime, I am either with students in my classroom (our cafeteria isn’t large enough to accommodate all our students at lunch time) or am meeting with colleagues. However, one day a week during lunch I do my … Continue reading →

My Best Posts Over The Years — Volume Five

Larry Ferlazzo at Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 22 hours ago
I’ve been writing this blog for six or seven years. I thought readers might find it useful for me to dig back in the “archives” and highlight my choices for some of the best posts that appeared during that time. … Continue reading →