Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Park Slope rezoning update, and more cents from me - my sidewalk chalk blog - nyc school help

Park Slope rezoning update, and more cents from me - my sidewalk chalk blog - nyc school help:


Park Slope rezoning update, and more cents from me

I attended the meeting at John Jay last night where the new version of zone lines where announced. As DNA info leaked, the 39 zone changes have been taken off the table. The 107/10 zone lines remained the same. The 321 zone has been cropped at 5th Ave.
The PS 39 parents pledged to remain active to help the new St. Thomas building program ramp up their new PTA. There will be meetings, yet to be scheduled, so that rezoned families can meet Elizabeth Garraway, the proposed new principal, see the building, and get more details about the new program. This will probably be after the vote has occurred.
Just a word from me. First, I understand that this is VERY upsetting for the families involved. I don't want to minimize your frustration- you should keep fighting and making your ideas and feelings heard. You can find all the contact information in the preceding blog.
Many of the rezoned families attending pledged to move to the 321 zone to take advantage of the DoE's