Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Norquist's grip is loosening. Chambliss: "I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge" : blue cheddar

Norquist's grip is loosening. Chambliss: "I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge" : blue cheddar:


Norquist’s grip is loosening. Chambliss: “I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge”

[Don't miss out on the convenient links at the bottom of this post.   Wisconsin legislators who signed Norquist's pledge need to know what you think of them.]
Here’s a sign that the elected officials who’ve been helping Norquist drown government in a tub are abandoning ship.
U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss of Georgia told local Gannett TV station 13WMAZ that, “I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge,” Chambliss says. “If we do it his way [Norquist's] then we’ll continue in debt, and I just have a disagreement with him about that.”
Also from 13WMAZ
“Does Chambliss think Norquist will hold the
anti-tax pledge agains