Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Bloomberg Ties Up NYC Just To Torture Teachers

Jersey Jazzman: Bloomberg Ties Up NYC Just To Torture Teachers:


Bloomberg Ties Up NYC Just To Torture Teachers

El Bloombito* is going to send 1,800 Absent Teacher Reserve members (ATRs) out into the crowded, dangerous, chaotic streets of post-Sandy New York on Friday for no apparent reason other than to torture them:
Well my feeling of pointlessness just reached a new high when I heard that schools will remain closed for the remainder of this week for children, but teachers must report to work on Friday. All week I've had an assignment in an unnamed high school, but due to inclement weather, I haven't had the opportunity to report to this high school. But now, on Friday, I guess I will make my way through several bus transfers to go there to ... sub for non-existent classes? It's going to be all sorts of meaningful.

Next week I'm supposed to be shuttled off to yet another school, but I haven't gotten my assignment yet. Again, because of the inclement weather they're a bit