Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 3, 2012

All Things Education: Dear Reformies: Please stop speaking for my children.

All Things Education: Dear Reformies: Please stop speaking for my children.:


Dear Reformies: Please stop speaking for my children.


To all of the Chris Arnolds out there:

How many kids do you have? How many are in the public schools? How many kids have you taught? I ask because I am a teacher and am a parent with actual children in public schools and I haven't seen any evidence that the policies you endorse are helping students or helping my children. In fact, I see that the policies you support are harmful: harmful to public schools, harmful to quality education, harmful to students, harmful to my children.

I understand that you don't agree. That you probably believe in the mission of the industry you work for (though not, apparently, enough to tell anyone that you work in said industry). That's fine (though I'd love to know how