Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: How Long Do Teachers Have To Keep Taking It?

Jersey Jazzman: How Long Do Teachers Have To Keep Taking It?:


How Long Do Teachers Have To Keep Taking It?

Twitter is not conducive to good-faith arguments; the 140-character restriction severely limits the qualifiers necessary to go a few friendly rounds with an ally. So when David Atkins of Hullabaloo - my favorite political blog - and I started a back-and-forth last night, I got a little nervous. David is a terrific writer and a shrewd observer of the dynamics of the political left; he's also someone who genuinely is on the side of teachers.

But he said something I have to take exception to... well, that's not quite right. I actually agree with him, but I don't think he's seeing things from the perspective of teachers - a traditional constituency of the left that is being betrayed. There's a dynamic in play here that progressives need to understand...

See why Twitter won't cut it? Here's David:
David Atkins ‏@DavidOAtkinsElections are won by persuasion and GOTV. Ask yourself: how many