Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 13, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Humiliation is Not a Classroom Management Technique!"

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Humiliation is Not a Classroom Management Technique!":


"Humiliation is Not a Classroom Management Technique!"

I am offline until Friday, so I am posting some of my older blog posts from my Wordpress account.
 

 My youngest son is no angel, not in any way, shape, or form. He had been getting in  "trouble" since preschool. I would go to pick him up and he would wave and grin from the timeout area. He didn't know any better, he was just one of those kids that was always up and about. Back then, if you were that kid, you ended up in timeout.

 When he was in the second grade, I had a conference with his teacher. She couldn't wait for me to sit down as she proclaimed, "He needs to be on medication! You need to put him on medication!" (We won't go into the fact that legally a teacher cannot tell a parent to put their child on medication.) She then proceeded to show me what